Monday, September 28, 2009

Visit Home.1

We just got back from four days in California. As I am ever the professional blogger, I didn't take hardly any pictures. But unlike some visits, I did take a few... so here goes:


First, something that has nothing to do with our trip, a picture of Tyler getting mauled by his children. I like him, they like him.


Wednesday, I packed. Wednesday evening, I packed. Wednesday night, I packed. I'm not entirely sure why it took so long, probably something to do with the fact that we had no clean clothes when I started, and my kids kept wanting me to feed them/change their diapers/find lost toys/etc. When we started out planning, we thought we'd wake up in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday and get a chunk of driving out of the way before the kids woke up. As the packing took longer and longer, and my hours of potential sleep were ticking away, when it came time to set the alarm, the fight was gone, and I had Tyler set it for a sissy 5:30 wake-up. However, I guess I've trained myself to ignore Tyler's alarm, because we actually woke up when Lillian came padding into our room somewhere around 6:45. There goes that early start.

Here we are outside of the General Patton museum somewhere in the desert of California. Coachella? Palm Springs? All I know, is that when you hit Blythe GET GAS, even if you have a little more than a quarter of a tank and your car gets 30 miles to the gallon and you don't even think you need to stop because you're not even close to running out. Your gas light will go on and you will start having mild panic attacks because it takes slightly more than a little more than a quarter tank of gas to get from Blythe to the nearest gas station, which is by the General Patton museum.


We drove down to Huntington to visit Meghan, Jason, and Baby Carlie. Lillian loved her little cousin and wanted to hold her the whole time.


We went to this pub and ate these really good sweet potato fries that I'm still dreaming about.

Nora is gigantic compared to Carlie. It was good to see everybody, even if we didn't get to go to the beach because it was completely cold and foggy.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love it! We should have talked about the trip...I've only made it like a dozen times. I'm glad you had fun! My mom said she saw you.

Vivian said...

nora in that last picture looks like such a beast! she's huuuuge

Natchel said...

Ah! Don't let Nora eat that baby! :)

Belle of the Blues said...

Completely cold and foggy is my favorite time to hit the beach. Your kids are oh so very cute. I want to squeeze them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails