Friday, November 06, 2009

Guy Fawkes Day

Occasionally, I do something as a parent that I'm pretty sure is going to mess up my kids. Yesterday, I made a "Guy" to burn that night. Lillian, however, wasted no time making friends with Guy. She took him to the grocery store and made him fly around our house like a butterfly. He was her Guy.


And then, we burned her Guy. Notice our "bonfire." I think if I was more with it, and not in the aforementioned survival mode, I could have rustled up something a little more impressive.


She was confused and a little hurt that we lit him on fire. But, after I promised that I'd make her a new Guy, she was fine with it.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Where is the picture of the "Guy" pre-burning? Was it any Guy in particular?

Related Posts with Thumbnails