Friday, October 02, 2009

She's Crafty

These are the aprons I made for my friend's little girls. I made them out of a dishtowel set and bias tape.

I know, they're super cute.

Also, I took Nora to the doctor for her 9 month check up.

Length: 30 in (99th+ percentile)
Weight: 25 lbs 4 oz (99th+ percentile)

They didn't write her head circumference on my paper, probably because I don't think they did it. Oh well. It's probably big too.

As the doctor was wrapping up the visit he asked if I had any questions and I asked him if he was concerned at all at how big she is. He looked at her as she crawled around on the floor and said he didn't think she was particularly large. Um, what? She's wearing the shirt her 3 year old cousin grew out of last week. He flipped open the chart and said, "Oh, she's 9 months old!? Yeah, she is big."

He said if I was really concerned about it, I could wean her, or at least cut down breastfeeding her. I told him I wasn't going to do that because (I didn't say all of this to the doctor, but this is my reasoning) if she's just big because she's breastfeeding, then she's big because she's supposed to be that big... like, she's hungry because she's got a whole lotta growing to do. But, if she's big because she's got some sort of glandular problem, cutting out breastmilk isn't going to fix that.

He said we'd just wait and if she continues to be gigantic, he'll order some blood work.

Also, Lillian had her 3-year appt as well and her blood pressure was high, so I have to take her back. I tried to tell the doctor that her blood pressure was high because they took it right after they gave her a shot which FREAKED HER OUT, but he wants us to come back in 2 weeks just to make sure.

2 comments:

heidi nielsen said...

It really bugs me when they do lazy, inaccurate measurements at the Dr. office. BP seems to be the worst. Why even take it?! Then at the next appointment they wonder why my 6 month old is an inch shorter than he was at 4 months old. Simple--you draw two lines on this piece of paper without making sure he's stretched properly and expect it to be accurate. Wierd, but that's not how I was taught to measure a baby when I was in school.

Cheryl said...

wow...sounds like your Dr. was having a "genius" moment. "Oh...she's only 9 months old?" well, I think Nora is a doll. Good luck with your girls

Related Posts with Thumbnails