Monday, October 26, 2009

Finally finished

I sewed 97% of the dress two weeks ago, but stalled when it came to the hem. I made it out of a low quality satin, and machine sewing it sort of ruined the fabric. It was fine for the 1-time seams, but I wanted to make the hem really big, so it could grow with her. Which meant I needed to hem it by hand. Which was boring and took a long time.


But it's done now. Isn't she cute?

In other news, I went to sleep last night at midnight. You heard that right- midnight. And I wasn't kept awake by a sick or screaming child. Get this: I just wasn't tired. Bizarre. See, I've had low iron all my life and I usually just deal with it by sleeping more. But, it was starting to get ridiculous. I couldn't even stay awake to put Lillian to bed at 8. I'd put Nora to bed at 7, then just sit down for a bit, but I couldn't get up off the couch to save my life, or even keep my eyes open. After missing family prayer for the bazillionth time, I broke down and bought some iron supplements and it's the craziest thing to have all this energy.

After we watched the Angel's lose last night, I looked at Tyler and said, "well what do you want to do now?" He was astonished.

In other other news, I'm training for the Sahuarita 8-mile Nut Run. I've never run 8 miles before, so this month of training should be interesting. I did 4.25 on Saturday and 4 this morning. My girls HATE the jogger stroller and start whining and complaining after about 15 minutes, so I'm not sure how going the longer distances is going to work. I have zero experience training for a run so I'm just making it up. I looked up a training plan for a 10K, and it suggested switching between long distances and short distances: 3, 4, 3, 5, 4, 6, 3, 4. Like that. Any other tips or ideas? Michelle, Bridget, I'm looking in your direction.

I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that my 4-year-old iPod's battery is just not what it used to be, and only holds a charge for about 5 songs. Maybe the iPod fairy will bring me a new one.

7 comments:

Jerry said...

If you figure out how to get in touch with the ipod fairy let me know.

Anne said...

ohmygosh soooo cute!

michelle m said...

I don't know if I am the Michelle you are referencing, but I will take the challenge.
When I train for runs, I like variety to keep things interesting and to keep me from plateauing in training. I used to do something like this:
Monday - speed workout (shorter distances at a faster pace, and/or alternating pace during a longer run)
Tuesday - long and slow
Wednesday - easy
Thursday - 3-6 miles trying to keep a good, pseudo race pace
Friday - easy and slow
Saturday - uptempo pace for 3-6
Sunday - rest

And, I am super impressed with your costume for Lillian. Amazing!

Allison said...

Does "Wednesday -easy" = sit on couch, read book? Cause I'm not sure what kind of running would be easy.

Cheryl said...

So, Yes, Lillian is adorable in her Cinderella costume, but Awesome job to you. Is definitely in order here! It is way cuter than those you see in the stores!
And good luck with the running. I'm gonna do a turkey trot 5K. Definitely easier. But have fun training and maybe try books/snacks/songs and "I spy" type games for your girls.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That dress is awesome! You are a master sew-er (Not a master sewer!)

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I ran a few marathons and my advice is to make sure you give yourself at least one day of rest a week. Crosstrain at least once a week (do something active besides just running.) And do a schedule like 3, 4, 5, break or crosstrain, 4, 6, rest. Go on at least one 7 mile run before your race. If you are wanting to run fast and care about speed, do some speed workouts - meaning run mile intervals at a face pace a couple of times at least a couple of days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails