Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sicker than I've ever been ever.

Everyone has been asking after me, so I thought I'd let you all know that I feel terrible. I'm sick. Very sick. My throat has all but closed off, making it very painful to swallow. I've been really trying to force myself to drink fluids, what with the breastfeeding and the inordinate amounts of sweating I've been doing, but it's come to the point where I would rather drool than swallow, so I think I'm getting dehydrated on top of everything else. Just sitting here, typing this, my pulse is at 116 bpm.

The antibiotics they gave me don't seem to be working, which means it's a virus and that I'll have to just wait it out. Tyler is anxious to get back to work which makes me feel bad, but there's nothing else I can do.

I called the nurse hotline to ask a question about taking Tylenol.

Me: (Explains whole situation) So, it's the fever that's going to help kill of the virus, so should I be taking Tylenol to control my temperature?
RN: We consider a temp of less than 102 safe.
Me: So I shouldn't take Tylenol unless my temp goes over 102?
RN: Right. What bothers you most?
Me: My throat really. It is beyond painful to swallow.
RN: You should take some Tylenol for that.
Me: Won't that bring my temperature down?
RN: Yes... why is that a problem?

When I went to Urgent Care, the MD offered to prescribe me something stronger than Tylenol to deal with the pain. I said I had stuff left over from my delivery. This morning was the first time I took them.

I even told Tyler whom he is and whom he is not allowed to marry in the event of my passing, I feel that bad.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Strep/strep-type throat ailments are the WORST. I sympathize and I hope you feel better really soon.

Jenna said...

I'm so sorry, Amanda. I hope you start to feel better soon. Try to sleep!

Myriah Cohen said...

I have conversations like that all the time.

BTW, the word verification right now is "fearche". Which sounds like "fierce" if you had a speech impediment. Like, say, if you were Miley Cyrus.

Emily said...

I feel so, so, soooo bad for you. Nothing is worse than being a sick mom (well maybe some things are worse, but it doesn't feel like it at the time). I thought about you all day yesterday. I hope you get better really fast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails