Friday, April 17, 2009

Cousin Visit

Tyler's Mom and sister and her 5 kids came to stay with us for a few days last week. Lillian loved it. LOVED it. She was just in pie heaven with all those kids to play with and always something to be in the thick of.


This picture, although slightly unflattering to my sister-in-law (sorry), shows how incredibly hilarious Tonya thought Lillian's little face in the middle of all those kids was.


I baked a lot with those kids here. For Tonya's birthday, I made an angel food cake from scratch. Angel food cake has whipped egg whites in it, and you have to whip them twice, so the stand mixer was going for at least 30 minutes. All the other adults thought I was making a cake from a box, so they had no idea what the heck I was doing and secretly thought I had gone a little crazy. Wouldn't be the first time.


Mmmmmm. Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Maybe I'll make another one just for me, and I guess Lillian can have some too.


You can barely see those kids hanging on the fence, this is the best I could do in a jiffy with no tripod. Maybe because we got out of the city, but I'm really starting to see the beauty of Arizona. When we first got here, I hated it (July is really not Tucson's best month, perhaps its worst, actually) and I didn't really see the countryside as pretty either. I agreed with the Arizona axiom: If you pet it, it will bite you. If you touch it, it will sting you. And, if you eat it, it will kill you. But, it's really growing on me. See if I still like it come summertime, though. Then we'll see.

1 comment:

Allison said...

It's a whole lotta blond hair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails