Saturday, June 27, 2009

One thing to do


A while ago, I blogged about how I didn't like Lillian watching a lot of TV, but I just had no idea what to do with her for 10 hours per day, especially when it's 100 degrees outside.


One of the best suggestions I got was to check out familyfun.com. I've gotten a lot of good ideas from that site, including this one:

Play-Doh letters. You draw letters on cards and then help your toddler roll out Play-Doh and put it on the letters. Lillian really likes to do this. I like it because, as my kindergarten-teacher mother tells me, it develops something called 'letter sense.' As in, they figure out that L, M, N, and O are seperate entities instead of one word: elemeno. I also like it because I only have to be semi-present for this activity to operate.

Anyone else have any good ideas?

2 comments:

Anne said...

Lillian is so cute i just want to eat her up

Macon Family said...

That's so creative! I will have to remember these things as Gemma gets older!

Related Posts with Thumbnails