Thursday, June 18, 2009

Newest trick


This was taken on Sunday; she's doesn't have to lean so far forward now. She turned 6 months old on the 15th, soon she'll be crawling, then walking, then talking, then talking back. Tyler asked Lillian if she was going to stay little forever, and she told him no, because she gets bigger every time she poops. I don't know where they come up with this stuff.

Here's my question. Nora is at a tough age because she's old enough to want to be entertained, but has no hand/eye coordination to do it herself, so I either have to hold her, or actively play with her to keep her happy. (Although, right now, she's amusing herself by rolling around on the bed, and that seems to be working.) Lillian's at a tough age because she's in her terrible twos, and started whining they day I brought Nora home from the hospital, and hasn't quit. She whines, she cries, she throws herself on the ground. Yesterday, I told her to pick up her letter magnets and put them back in the bag and she had the jelly arms and couldn't hold them in her fingers. And then, her feet were suddenly ferrous and the magnets were sticking to them and she couldn't get them off. Then, she just couldn't do it anymore and had to lay down. Then, she cried when I told her to get up and she had to take some time in her room to calm down. Then, she wanted to toss them into the bag, but couldn't make them in, so she cried. These were alphabet magnets, so there's only 26 of them. Actually, I think there's only 25 because we lost E, and it took the better part of an hour to get them all picked up. (And I had to call Allison so she could talk me down from strangling Lillian.)

The question is: if the kids are at a tough age, when is a good age? I vaguely remember Lillian being sweet but mischievous from like... 1 year to 2 years? Is this just because I was in school and outsourced her every day? And I asked mom when Lillian will grow out of whatever phase she's in now, and she said 23. Soooo, that's not helpful.

Any ideas?

5 comments:

Bluebell said...

I loved ages three and four with Owen and am enjoying Soren a lot right now, too, but I hear a lot of parents say that three is worse than two. I think it depends on the kid. Personally, I hate the time from one to three. Having kids in school is nice. Just hang on a few years. It will get better. And this is a long way, off, but I was the Activity Days leader for a long while and the girls that age are so much fun. Just think how great it will be when they're a few years older and not so physically demanding. They sure are cute, anyway. You're doing a great job.

Rileigh said...

you are doing great.

The Ensign's said...

I dont know if you know that I blogstalk you but I do. My advive..... Love and Logic. That book works miracles!

Anne said...

chunk o love

Cheryl said...

instead of waiting for the "good age" (of 23?) look for the good moments! Good luck, i'll be there soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails