Monday, June 17, 2013

Suzy's Drop Cookies

I've tasted several versions of these cookies but they are never as good as our family recipe.  Instead of flaky or crumbly or not chocolaty enough, this recipe makes cookies that are moist and chewy with just the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter.


The only catch is that these have a excellence half life of about 24 hours and their quality seriously begins to deteriorate off after 48.


Because I'm all about safety, I let my kids sit on the counter and stir.  Nora thinks it's awesome that I'm taking her picture.


You have to have the peanut butter and oats all measured out before you start or else the chocolate and butter will overcook.



After you dollop them onto your tin foil or parchment paper or whatever, you have to poke them every time you walk past and then eat 4 as soon as they are firm enough to pick up.

Or maybe that's just how I do it.

Suzy's Drop Cookies

Ingredients
 1/2 C milk
1/2 C butter
2 C sugar
1/4 C cocoa

3/4 C peanut butter
1 t vanilla
3 C oats

Combine milk, butter, sugar, and cocoa in a sauce pot.  Bring to a boil.  BOIL FOR EXACTLY 1 MINUTE (this is the key to great cookies).
Remove the pot from the heat and add in the rest of the ingredients.  Stir to combine then drop by spoonfuls  onto tin foil or parchment paper.

Depending on the size of your spoonfuls, you get between 1-2 dozen.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Where I come from, these are called "No-Bakes." And they really are so good. We even eat them for breakfast. Because, oatmeal. Have you ever tried putting just a little bit of salt in? Takes it up a notch, in my opinion. You can also put half the oatmeal in a food processor to make it more of an oatmeal flour. It makes the cookies hold together better and I like the texture better, too.

NOT that I've made these cookies a million times or anything. Or eaten almost entire batches on my own. Ahem.

Kyle said...

Bring me cookies now!!!! please?

Anne said...

Nora is looking older. No one asked me if that was OK.

Usandthings said...

Anne, Nora promised me that she would stay small forever, so I've got you covered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails