Thursday, May 30, 2013

Waterwall

I purchased an ebook with simple summer activities from the girl who does NoTimeForFlashcards plus some other cutsie-pie crafty moms.  I picked out all the activities that I wanted to do and went to ACE Hardware to purchase supplies for all of them, so I would be all ready.


We tried out our first one today: making a waterwall.  The original idea was to nail the bottles to your fence, I used zip ties.


Pros: 1. Cheap- I paid about $4 for a pack of 100 zip ties.


2. Age appropriate for all 3 kids.


3. Doesn't "waste" water as you can re-use it over and over again.


Cons: 1. Children cannot help construct what with the using a utility knife to cut the plastic, so they got bored and started fighting.



2. Only one child can use at a time...

 

 So the other kids might find it really boring and look like this:


3. The kids only played with it for about 20 minutes, then they got too hot and went inside.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails