Friday, June 24, 2011

Scrubs, right...

Have I told you how freaked out I am to start my new job? Have I even told you that I got a job?

No? Sorry, I've been busy what with school and getting a job and all.

I've wanted to work at The Hospital for some time. Of course, I applied to all the hospitals, including The Hospital, to no avail. I ran into a girl I kind of knew who worked at The Hospital, and she, knowing of my fruitless job search, offered to put in a good word for me with her manager.

Yadda, yadda, yadda, I start July 18th.

I've had to have various meetings with sundry HR people and Security personnel. At one of these meetings, I was made aware of yet another meeting I would have to attend prior to my start date. "But you don't have to wear business clothes, you can just wear your scrubs."

"Scrubs... yeah. Good."

See, I don't own any scrubs, except nursing school ones. I'm supposed to be a nurse, and I don't even own any scrubs. I think this is highly symbolic of my total ambivalence towards working.

Now, I could have just gone to a uniform store and purchased some, but what's the procrastination factor fun in that?


I went to the Wal-Marts to purchase fabric, where I requested uno y tres cuartos of each.


One set down, two to go.

2 comments:

krissiecook said...

Congrats on the job! And the scrubs. I could do neither of those things, even with proper training. (The worst grade I ever got was in Home Ec, mostly because I couldn't thread my bobbin to save my life - or my grade.)

Myriah Cohen said...

Whoa! Good work on the scrub making. I remember the day I burned my scrubs. It was a huge thing.

So, now you are going to live in scrubs. How do you feel about that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails