Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am not dead

My mother-in-law emailed me yesterday to find out if I had fallen off the face of the Earth. Also, I skyped Allison yesterday, and she was surprised at what Ethan looked like. I guess I haven't taken any pictures of him.


So, no. I'm still here. Turns out, having 3 kids under 5 and going to school full-time is a lot of work.


Here's a quick rundown:

Tyler plays softball in a city league and is having fun playing with all his new woodworking toys.

Lillian is an excellent big sister and is constantly begging me to let her help. She's learning to write and is really solid on L, H, and A.

Nora is 80% potty trained. She can stay completely dry with a bare bottom, mostly dry with panties and not at all dry while she's sleeping or if someone is not right there to take her. That's right, SHE can tell ME when she needs to go. I like that Lillian sometimes says, "when I was a baby, I had to learn how to use the potty." In my head I answer, "honey, I tried when you were a baby, but you didn't want to do it until 6 months ago."

Ethan is still a crabby baby. He sleeps ok at night, but horribly during the day, which is draining for everyone. He's good sized- the 3-6 months clothes are getting a little snug (he's 2.5 months old), but then again, we only know how to make really fat babies. Aaaaand... he's crying.

7 comments:

Natchel said...

Oh he's so cute! I knew I loved him! I will take them anytime you want Amanda. Just let me know.

Jenna said...

You are a trooper, Amanda. Keep up the good work.

Tyler Ball said...

I'm impressed you were able to take a picture of Ethan when he wasn't wearing his angry eyes.

Allison said...

Funny Tyler. Ethan is adorable and just take it day by day. Repeat the mantra... This will get easier... This will get easier...
I this I said this before, but Hudson didn't stop crying until he could walk and FINALLY go where he wanted. Apparently we were LAME and he had his own ideas. I know that's a lifetime away, but it will happen.

Emily said...

I'm super impressed with Nora being potty-trained (80%) and I think you're doing a good job because everyone is surviving. That's my low-standards benchmark.

Jen said...

he looks like tyler

Anonymous said...

Holy Cannelloni! I haven't seen any pics of Ethan except for your fb profile pic. He is so big and cute. I love babies. Especially other peoples babies that I don't have to hear cry. But seriously. Niiice baby making AJ. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails