Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm secretly Kathleen Turner


The Ball household, Lillian excepted, has been taken over by the common cold. We've both had sore throats and coughs for a full week now.
The problem is when I get up with Lillian at night, she thinks my coughing is funny and laughs, which is the exact opposite of going back to sleep. So last night, I put a cough drop in my mouth before I went into her room. Upon waking this morning, it was still in my mouth after 4 hours of sleeping. Maybe not the safest thing, but hey, I got four hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I have totally done something like that. It is the delerium of being sleep deprived and your mind justifying actions that it normally wouldn't out of desperation to go back to sleep. I remember thinking that going to bed with a cough drop wasn't a good idea, but that I was going to do it anyway. Ahhh motherhood. PS-If the mucus you are coughing up (lovely thought, I know) is kinda clear and stringy, it might be RSV. You never know...

Related Posts with Thumbnails