Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy Fourth of July!

Our Fourth started out with the Stake pancake breakfast in Atascadero wherein we sang all three verses to the Star Spangled Banner (my favorite song to sing). I have recently been informed that there is a fourth verse. I'm not surprised they leave it out of the hymnal though, what with the references to bloody footprints and so forth.


Tyler wanted to take a picture of me in front of our house.


We went to Cayucos to watch the fireworks. They set them off from the middle of this pier. The sunset was beautiful and the show wonderful. The only spoiler was the group of small children up on the bluffs behind us who were throwing water balloons (at the urging of their somewhat inebriated parents) at unsuspecting passersby. Oh, and all the illegal fireworks that were being discharged 10 feet away from us. I'm really surprised no one got hurt.



We went with a small group of friends including Isabelle and Mark. My friend Rileigh and her husband Ben came up from Santa Barbara for the day, but oddly enough, I didn't get any pictures of them. I've only spent one fourth of July away from my family in Orange County, so it was a little sad, but I had fun nonetheless. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails