Monday, August 23, 2010

Spectacle

Tyler asked me once why I always insist on making a spectacle out of myself. I maintain that it happens organically without any help from me.

Take, for example, what just happened. I woke up at 6:30 and actually got dressed in real clothes. Lillian and Nora woke up about 7:30 and I brought them downstairs and got them set up for breakfast. Nora got Cheerios with yogurt instead of milk, with which she made quite a mess. She had it all over her, and proceeded to rub her yogurty face all over my shorts. I got her cleaned up, and then decided to put a load of laundry in, so I just took off my shorts and threw them in.

I went downstairs and sat on the couch with a book - the couch that's right in front of the front door, and blinds on the little window right next to the door were open. Right then, my neighbor John knocked on the door. I could see it was him due to the open blinds. I couldn't run past the door to go upstairs to get some shorts real quick, because he'd see. I looked around in vain for some sort of cover up, and then just decided to open the door a crack, and hide. I was so flustered, I'm afraid I was a little rude as I took the flash drive that Tyler left at his house, awkwardly explained that I wasn't wearing any pants, and then shut the door as soon as possible. John, being super nice, just laughed it off, but it was awkward.

See how this wasn't really my fault?

5 comments:

The Clark's said...

When I first started reading it I thought you were going to say you opened the door without your pants on. So good job for at least remembering they weren't on.

Belle of the Blues said...

Awesome. That is funny.

Bridget said...

Dear Amanda,

Please blog more. You are hilarious.

Love,

Bridget

Tommy said...

Lol, pretty funny.

Check mine out: http://thestoriesofwhitegloves.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

I have the exact same problem. I just think i'm socially awkward.

Related Posts with Thumbnails